Download Pokemon Emerald DX GBA ROM Hack by daninrl based on Pokemon Emerald. And it’s now available for download.
Pokemon Emerald DX GBA ROM Download Pre-Patched
Version: Beta v0.5
Hack by: Emerald
Updated: April 2022
Be sure to check out Pokemon Emerald too.
Pokemon Emerald DX is an enhanced version of the classic GBA adventure, offering a satisfying mix of mechanical enhancements while staying true to the original game. With overhauled graphics, improved quality of life and some new mechanics, you can experience the Hoenn region in a whole new light!
Major quality of life and mechanic changes
- The Fairy type has been added, along with a few moves to support it.
- The division into physical and special has been introduced.
- Badge Boosts have been removed
- EXP sharing is now a key item that affects the whole party, but can also be toggled on and off.
- EXP is granted when Pokemon are caught.
- Pokemon that received a status boost in Gen 6 and 7 have had their stats improved.
- Pokemon that evolve through trading can now also be evolved with items.
- TMs are infinite. As a result, the rewards for some shop inventories and the Pickup ability have been adjusted.
- Lots of minor adjustments and bug fixes.
Pokemon Emerald DX New content
- The PokeDex has been expanded slightly and now includes 400. The newly added Pokemon are mostly Eevelutions and some cross-gen evolutions (but not all) to catch some of the less common types. In a future update I might add Alolan forms.
- All 400 Pokemon can be acquired in a single playthrough. Swapping is not necessary!
- The National Dex is available from the start.
- Follow Pokemon!
- A day/night cycle has been added, and Pokemon encounter rates will change based on the time of day.
- A move deleter and specialty shops can be found at POKEMON LEAGUE SERVICES, replacing the Wireless Club at most PokeCenters.
- Added mints to control the nature of Pokemon.
- Vitamins now increase IVs directly, and Supplements have been introduced to lower IVs (if you want to customize your Hidden Power).
- All Mystery Gift Event content is accessible in-game via new sequences in the postgame.
- A DOJO has been added in Slateport City. You can challenge these trainers for EV training.
- Various daily events from NPCs to get items or gifts.
- Red, Blue, and Leaf have minor appearances and are available daily for post-game battles.
- NEW! The first BEACH-TYPE Pokemon game – deliver packages to the Petalburg Post Office to earn some extra cash every day!
- NEW! Ferry trainers are now available for rematches on every trip as an alternative way to earn EXP after the game.
- GEN 4 Style Sprites: I’ve always found Gen 3 sprites unattractive and I find that the Gen 4 style sprites fit the aesthetic of the Gen 3 tilesets well without looking too big.
- Battle Backgrounds: Full art backgrounds replace the floating tiles.
- Follower Pokemon: Some of the larger Pokemon will look weird following you, and some people might not be fans, so followers can be toggled on and off in the options!
Update Log – Beta v.0.5
(4/5): Major update. See publications for hints! Updating is recommended, savegames should stay compatible.
(4/3, once again): Fixed an issue with New Mauville Buttons that was preventing progression! This is a critical issue; it is highly recommended to update, and your saves should stay compatible!
(4/3, again): Fixed an issue with the town of Lilycove and corrected the town encounter tables.
(4/3): Fixed an issue with Lanette.